Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Status: Full Time
The Field Supervisor is a strategic member of the Jordan Health Services (JHS) healthcare team supervising the delivery of non-nursing care and related activities as required by the various DADS programs. The Supervisor is responsible for visiting Non-RN supervised clients in the client’s home and monitoring the client’s status; hiring, training, supervising and evaluating attendants; reporting and maintaining records; and, is in constant communication with JHS staff, physicians, DADS case workers, client’s family members and other contract program representatives. The Supervisor must also be a good planner and well organized, very intuitive, able to interact effectively. If qualified, the Field Supervisor may conduct skilled nursing visits for eligible CBA clients.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors and reports significant changes in client’s mental and physical status to the client’s assigned RN Supervisor, DADS case worker, or the client’s physician in cases of emergencies.
- Conducts periodic visits with all assigned clients to verify that client’s service plan is being followed.
- Evaluates each client’s surroundings for fire and other safety hazards, develops and recommends plans to abate such hazards, and coordinates such plans with the DADS case worker and the attendant.
- Informs and educates each client on all information required by JHS policy and state regulation.
- Implements JHS policies and procedures regarding infection control.
- Refers clients for skilled care services when necessary.
- Maintains compliance with Texas Department of Health and DADS requirements.
- Performs skilled nursing visits for CBA clients, if qualified.
- Provides nursing services, treatments, and diagnostic and preventative procedures requiring substantial specialized skill as assigned by RN, if qualified.
- Recruits and hires attendants for clients.
- Conducts attendant orientations on Non-RN supervised clients.
- Supervises attendant’s work to ensure that client’s service plan requirements are being met.
- Monitors client service delivery requirements daily to ensure adequate availability of attendants.
- Conducts attendant performance assessments during periodic client visits.
- Conducts training sessions with attendants as required or as instructed.
- Resolves differences between clients and attendants.
- Completes and submits JHS, DADS, or other program forms and reports as required.
- Advises JHS staff of problems or new developments in assigned area.
- Maintains documentation and records for each attendant and client.
- Self-evaluates own job performance and utilization of resources in planning for professional growth.
- Performs all duties in accordance with established JHS policies and procedures.
- Attends training sessions as directed.
- Responsible for staying current as to accept nursing practices and procedures, if applicable.
- Cooperates with Timekeeping and Payroll Departments in the collection of outstanding attendant timesheets.
- Promotes JHS and its services through positive job performance, by building good relationships, and by actively participating in professional and local organizations and projects.
- Must have graduated from high school or received a General Equivalence Degree (G.E.D.).
- Must be a licensed nurse; or, have completed at least two years (60 credit hours) of college-level education.
- One (1) year’s management/supervisory experience for a healthcare provider may be substituted for each required year of college.
- Must be licensed by the State of Texas as a Licensed Vocational Nurse, if applicable for job functions.
- Prefer at least one (1) year of active experience as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in a health care setting, preferably home health, hospital or nursing home, if applicable for job functions.
- Working knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid, home health care benefits, policies and procedures preferred, if applicable for job functions.
- Possess good management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrates ability to motivate others in a positive manner.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess well developed interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates ability to organize, plan and schedule effectively.
- Capable of fostering a Care Team and overseeing continuous quality improvement concepts.
- Possess an empathetic attitude towards elderly people.
- Possess a sound foundation of basic healthcare skills.
Posted on Thu, July 21, 2016
by Jordan Health Services